- Peculiar Motion of Supermassive Black Hole Revealed by Arecibo Data22 Sep, 2021
- First-of-its-Kind Study Finds Lightning Impacts Edge of Space in Ways not Previously Observed13 Sep, 2021
- 12 UCF Researchers Honored with Asteroids Named After Them31 Aug, 2021
- Arecibo Observatory Collaborations & Exhibitions (April - June, 2021)21 Jul, 2021
- The Arecibo Observatory: Current and Future Operations of the Facility21 Jul, 2021
- Arecibo Observatory: Unparalleled Science and Discovery21 Jul, 2021
- Info for AAS #239 AO-focused Special Session #20: The Arecibo Observatory REU Program - a Career Launchpad20 Jul, 2021
- AO Participation in the CEDAR 2021 workshop20 Jul, 2021
- Facilities and Operations Highlights (July 2021)19 Jul, 2021
- Arecibo Salvage Survey Committee Update for History of Astronomy19 Jul, 2021
- The Big Data Program: Arecibo Observatory Data Archive 19 Jul, 2021
- Sustainability Project: Rain Collector14 Jul, 2021
- A Career is Born at the Arecibo Observatory 14 Jul, 2021
- In Memoriam: Dr. Gordon Pettengill08 Jul, 2021
- Arecibo Observatory Spies “Pristine” Comet Before the Telescope’s Collapse08 Jul, 2021
- GBO/AO Single Dish Observing School (Hybrid) - September 13-21, 202106 Jul, 2021
Byadmin05 February 2020 Astronomy
This year the Arecibo and Green Bank Observatories will conduct virtual Observer Training Workshops between October 13th and 16th. The Arecibo observer training workshop will be held on Oct 15th and 16th, 2020, with the Green Bank training taking place on Oct 13th and 14th.
This is a great opportunity for graduate students and Astronomers to be trained to remotely use the Arecibo and Green Bank telescopes and process the data.
Check the most updated schedule here
Use the following link to find the instructions on how to connect to the session and which tools will be used for the workshop.
Registration pages are now open! We invite you to attend both workshops, but you must register for each workshop separately. You may also register for only one of the workshops if it better suits your interests.
NOTE: Participants who register for pulsar may be asked to choose a different topic, as these projects are filling quickly.
Due to the continued health threat and uncertainty caused by the coronavirus COVID-19, there will be no annual in-person AO/GBO Single Dish Workshop in 2020. We plan to continue the Single Dish Workshop in 2021.
AO Media Contact
Keywords: UCF, AO, Arecibo, Radio, Telescope, Green, Bank, Observatory