- AO Adapts: Continued Workshops, Training, and Education06 Jul, 2020
- Annoucing the Arecibo Observatory Town Hall01 Jul, 2020
- AO Features: Former AO Postdoctoral Researcher Kristen Jones30 Jun, 2020
- New AO Lidar Observations of Ca+ in the Mesosphere and Thermosphere29 Jun, 2020
- Breaking Assumptions on the Excitation Temperatures in Molecular Clouds29 Jun, 2020
- Modifying the Earth’s Ionosphere from Arecibo29 Jun, 2020
- AO radar measurements of Jupiter’s Moons29 Jun, 2020
- A New Approach for Understanding the Occurrence Rate of MSTIDs in the Caribbean Nighttime Ionosphere29 Jun, 2020
- Asteroid Visiting Earth’s Neighborhood Brings its Own Face Mask 23 Apr, 2020
- REU Students’ Research & Presentations01 Apr, 2020
- Transforming the Arecibo Observatory into a Classroom31 Mar, 2020
- Arecibo Observatory re-enters VLBI network with 21st-century backend31 Mar, 2020
- JWST Workshop 31 Mar, 2020
- Management Update (COVID-19, Eartquakes, Transmitters)27 Mar, 2020
- NANOGrav Meeting Hosted at UCF27 Mar, 2020
- AO Colloquium: Dr. Michael Denton 27 Mar, 2020
Byadmin04 June 2019 Astronomy
We are pleased to announce that this year the Arecibo and Green Bank Observatories are organizing the 2019 GBO/AO single dish and observer training workshop which will be held August 19-29th at the Green Bank Observatory, WV. The goal of the workshop is to provide participants with an in-depth knowledge on the fundamentals of single-dish radio astronomy, interferometry, instrumentation and associated techniques.
The workshop includes a series of lectures followed by Arecibo and GBO observer training sessions. The hands-on sessions will include observation preparation and data reduction covering pulsar, spectral lines, and radar observations. This year we are introducing a hands-on experience with bistatic radar observations using the world's most powerful transmitter at Arecibo, with the GBT recording the returned signal.
This will be a great opportunity for graduate students and first time users to learn how to operate two of the world's largest radio telescopes. Please pass on the information to anyone interested.
The registration page for the workshop can be found at https://greenbankobservatory.org/event-details/?ee=960
AO Media Contact
Keywords: UCF, AO, Arecibo, Radio, Telescope, Green, Bank, Observatory