- GBO/AO Single Dish and Observer Training Workshops (May 11-20, 2020)05 Feb, 2020
- Arecibo Observatory update after recent earthquakes09 Jan, 2020
- The Arecibo Observatory Congratulates Dr. Martha P. Haynes, Recipient of 2019 Bruce Gold Medal11 Dec, 2019
- Colloquium Series Recap11 Dec, 2019
- In Memoriam: Yervant Terzian, 1939 - 201906 Dec, 2019
- AO Observations of a Binary Pulsar Test the Theory of General Relativity in New Science Publication06 Dec, 2019
- The International Pulsar Timing Array: Second data release06 Dec, 2019
- Modeling Radar Albedos of Laboratory-Characterized Particles: Application to the Lunar Surface06 Dec, 2019
- Culebra Aerosol Research Lidar (CARLA) Project Selected for Funding04 Dec, 2019
- Arecibo Observatory to Offer New Opportunities for Visiting Scientists14 Nov, 2019
- Arecibo Observatory Open House at the 235th AAS meeting28 Oct, 2019
- UCF to Enhance Arecibo Observatory’s Computing Power Using Microsoft Azure17 Oct, 2019
- Arecibo Observatory Gets $19 Million NASA Grant to Help Protect Earth from Asteroids29 Sep, 2019
- National Science Foundation Awards Arecibo Observatory $12.3 Million Grant29 Sep, 2019
- El Observatorio de Arecibo celebra el regreso a clases con nuevas exhibiciones 30 Aug, 2019
- Asteroid Arrives Early for Puerto Rico’s Asteroid Day Celebrations28 Jun, 2019
Byadmin05 February 2020 Astronomy
We are pleased to announce that this year the Arecibo and Green Bank Observatories are organizing the 2020 GBO/AO single dish (May 11-15) and observer training workshop (May 16-20) which will be held at the Green Bank Observatory, WV. The goal of the workshop is to provide participants with an in-depth knowledge on the fundamentals of single-dish radio astronomy, interferometry, instrumentation and associated techniques.
The workshop includes a series of lectures followed by Arecibo and GBO observer training sessions. The hands-on sessions will include observation preparation and data reduction covering pulsar, spectral lines, and radar observations.
This will be a great opportunity for graduate students and first time users to learn how to operate two of the world's largest radio telescopes. Please pass on the information to anyone interested.
The registration page for the workshop can be found at https://greenbankobservatory.org/event-details/?regevent_action=register&event_id=2550
AO Media Contact
Keywords: UCF, AO, Arecibo, Radio, Telescope, Green, Bank, Observatory